Shedding those tears.






I shed a tear for the Victorian bushfire victims. Watching it on television, wondering why the air conditioner isn't as cold as it should be.

On last count, 181 people have died in those fires.

I watched, blase about the whole thing, wondering how this, or the failing world economy will even affect me.

Something struck a chord, I watched and watched and as the stories of survivors came flooding onto the box, I thought, for one second, what if that was my sister, my brother or even my parents in that television.

That one second, hasn't stopped.

My heart goes out to all affected by the bushfires.

As we are all aware, the red cross is asking for donations to help those who have lost everything.

Please take the time and donate kindly.

http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_emergencyservices_victorian-bushfires-appeal-2009.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment