Graduated.

I have officially now graduated. First of all, Thank you everyone who has followed my 3 year university journey here on my blog. I have moved to Sydney to start my internship with Akira Isogawa. I am still working on my label "Jeromy Lim" which will be in-stores Feb/Mar 2012.

So what now? Well I don't know. I am grateful for all the opportunities that 3 years of study has given me. On my grad night I won "Most Promising Designer/Emerging Talent" Sheila magazine award which involves a mentorship, cash toward my new collection, on-going articles in the magazine, and a day later I won Fashion Exposed debut award to showcase in Sydney in February 2012.

This year has been an extremely busy 3rd year for me. I have launched my manufacturing business/studio in Malaysia where all Jeromy Lim manufacture of garments will take place and on top of doing my Carton - Perth Fashion Festival collection, I also had to do my Womenswear graduation collection. Busy Busy!

So to answer the question that everyone asks after they graduate... What now? It seems for me, this week before my internship in Sydney is the only break I'll have until mid next year. I never thought that 6 months would be filled so quickly!

So if everything goes to plan this is the plan:

Dec - Internship with Akira Isogawa
Jan - Media tour in Melbourne (TBC)
Jan/Feb - Malaysia(manufacture)
Feb - Debut show in Sydney(S/S COLLECTION) // Deliver of A/W stock
Mar - L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival (TBC) - S/S 2012
April - Malaysia(Manufacture)
May - Deliver of S/S 2012 stock // Launch of New A/W 2013 collection

and finally here are some of my photos of my gradshow.


image above courtesy of Ragdoll Photography.




MUSIC USED FOR MY GRADSHOW RUNWAY


PLEASE NOTE that this womenswear collection IS NOT going into production. Sorry people and thank you for your requests, but "Kings Die Like Other Men" will be available as a menswear collection only. Please stay posted for my S/S 2012 collection titled: V A L H A L L A which will include womenswear.




No comments:

Post a Comment